World of Hospitality is a signature event organized by the students of SHMS biannually since 2009. Our last year’s published virtual event has surpassed 6000 viewers with influential hospitality attendees offering a high level of exposure in the industry.
Usually, a physical event, this year’s edition will be organized virtually on April 30th, 2021 due to the Swiss Regulations regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
The event will be focused on bringing together SEG alumni from all around the world, with the theme of nostalgia – since we would like to turn World of Hospitality into an event that brings people together during this difficult period that we are all experiencing. The online event will be full of interesting presentations, interactive workshops, and networking opportunities.
Our hosts are all students from SHMS: Murray Scott McBean, Sharron Vanessa, Juan Martin De La Rosa Soiza, and Santiago Arevalo Rossi. Our charismatic hosts volunteered to lead the event.
Mrs. Kiki Da Costa
Mr. Rober Saltz
Mr. Ludovic Cosandey
- Kiki is an experienced MICE & Logistics Lecturer at SHMS Leysin, with a background in marketing and advertising and a postgraduate degree from SHMS. More recently, she has been researching the field of Mindfulness and its benefits on undergraduate student’s well-being.
- Saltz is a passionate, strategic, hospitality professional, with more than 20 years of international experience in various leadership positions in the luxury hospitality sector, with brands such as Starwood Hotels and W Hotels Worldwide.
- Cosandey is the Event Management Lecturer at SHMS, devoting his 15 years of experience to the direction of the World of Hospitality Event. Before joining SHMS, he worked with global organizations such as Disney, Vienna International, and Club Med.
Dr. Dominic Szambowsi
Dr. Dominic Szambowsi is the current dean of SHMS and former president and CEO of the International College of Management in Sydney, Australia. He brings years of experience in the higher education sector and a wealth of expertise in intercultural communication and international networking to the Swiss Hotel Management School.
Dr. Szambowski has worked in educational institutions in 4 different continents, with a specialization in Institutional Quality and Growth with Educational Management.
Mr. Georgios Frosynis- Managing Director at Ta Kokkalakia Grill, Cyprus
Born and raised in Cyprus, an island where “philoxenia” is the core characteristic of its people, and Swiss-educated at SHMS. Georgios has experience from all around the world, from “Ladies & Gentlemen” to “Where dreams come true”.
His vision is to inspire people, one smile at a time. Georgios is currently making his dream come true by opening his own business, whilst also building a start-up that will amaze the world.
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Our Instagram @worldofhospitality_2021 is buzzing with activity. We post updates, behind-the-scenes content and our favorite Meet the Managers series.
Our website www.worldofhospitality2021.com is where attendees can register and ensures that they are kept up to date with new speaker announcements, speaker profiles, and a detailed timeline.
We also have a Facebook page: World of Hospitality 2021. Lastly, we have a LinkedIn: World of Hospitality to reach our business and industry connections.
HOW CAN I ATTEND?
Our event will be completely virtual over Zoom. You can register on our website, which will give you access to the Zoom link you can use to connect on the day of our event.
How to register?
- Go to our website
- Go to the ‘Register’ Tab
- Fill in your details
- Receive the confirmation email with the link to the Zoom webinar
- Join us on the 30th of April!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The majority of our attendees are alumni from Swiss Education Group universities. However, anyone interested in hospitality is welcome.
Past WOH Events
- I Meet Hotel— The Swiss Alps edition was held via Zoom in collaboration with Bidroom, allowing hoteliers and viewers access to expert speakers.
- The Future of Hospitality – For this version of World of Hospitality, international professionals and speakers were invited to share their views on the future of hospitality. The timeline included a myriad of activities created by the students.
- Winter Wonderland, 2019 – Professionals from Switzerland and neighboring countries were hosted physically in Leysin. This student-organized event showcased wonderful entertainment shows, special culinary delicacies and offered a luxury guest experience.